Social Icons

Friday, June 12, 2009

A New Way to Work Those Laces

Blisters left on your feet after a walk/run most often occur when heat is generated by your skin rubbing against your shoe. Here is a quick and easy fix I use to keep my heel from sliding in my shoe. I've also noticed an overall better fit with all my running shoes when I've changed how I lace them up. I get better ankle support which in turn leads to less injury.

Here's how you can put that extra hole on the top of your running shoes to good use. Thread your shoelace back through the top hole on the same side of the shoe. Do not pull it tight.










Then do the same thing on the other side. Now you should have a loop on either side of your shoe. Thread each shoe lace through the opposite loop.











Then pull tight. For added support you can start this lower down on your shoe or lace them up like this the whole way. Happy running!

No comments: