Social Icons

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Operation "Pop a Squat"


The runbbatical's going great! I'm getting pretty good with my push-ups, pull-ups, and planks and my knee isn't screaming at me. Hmmm, until now.

A few days ago I just needed to run. A good run. A run that got my feet flying. A run that made me sweat, burned my lungs, worked my quads, and got my heart pumping. So when the hubby was home and I didn't have to "squeeze" in time for a run I flew out the door ready to take on my 6.6 mile course. FREEDOM!!!

Uh-oh.

1 mile into the course it dons on me. I forgot to visit the Toilet Inn and I AM NOT going to juggle this full bladder around and let it ruin my solitude. So I start picturing secluded places in town and in desperation I switch my original route and make a detour. My new route goes passed a ditch set back and secluded by trees. Perfect! After double-checking for bystanders then poppin' a squat I was ready to go. Hey you gotta do whatcha gotta do! The uninhibited pavement pounding is what I had craved and despite the route re-do I still got in my 6.61 miles at a 7:38 pace. So glad I didn't settle for less.

Ever had to do doing something out of desperation?


One more day to enter the Armband Giveaway.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

After reading the title of your post and seeing the pic I instantly was thinking it looked like a great pop a squat spot :) Been there done that. I'm glad you got your run in.

Pretend this is real said...

You gotta do what you gotta do. Full bladders on runs are the worst! Great pace!

misszippy said...

Just did it this morning! I also did the quick scan of the area in hopes no one was around. All clear and good to go. Part of being a runner!

Johann said...

Yep, that happens to all of us. These are the times I'm so grateful to be a man...

Teamarcia said...

I've BTDT but oddly enough never in my home state. I guess on level I'm thinking nobody will 'know me'??

Kevin said...

It happens to everyone of us.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/