Social Icons

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Fav's

I'm starting something new. There are SO many great posts that I read each week that I wanted to bring attention to the ones that stick out in my mind and share them with you. So from now on I'm going to be including my "Friday Fav's" each week to highlight my favorite posts.

Some are old, some are new. This week these are the posts that caught my eye.


  • Mile Posts - Body Fat Dorothy has a great discussion on essential body fat and why we NEED to have it. An excerpt from her post.

"I've contemplated a thought about weight and speed over the years - every time it comes to mind I feel the same way. If you told me today that for the rest of my life I had to be 10lbs more than my *ideal weight* but this meant that I would go under 3:15 in the marathon - which would I choose? Weigh more and run faster or weigh less and never get any faster than 3:21? I would choose to weigh more and run faster. I have realized[though even I need reminding at times] that my self worth and my times on the clock are not related to how low the number is on the scale."

  • RunnerDude's Blog - Supplement the Natural Way...Eat! While the whole post is very informative I really appreciate the last half where RunnerDude has provided a vitamin list with details of it's role for runners and what foods provide them.

  • The Running Fat Guy - Garmin Woes - A little Garmin technical support can go a long way. Easy advice for when the screen goes blank. Now I don't have to crack open my Garmin guidebook.

I know there are MANY more wonderful posts that I have not discovered but I'm always on the lookout. If you come across one that blows your mind please share!

4 comments:

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

Thanks for posting the links I think its a great way to share!

Lisa said...

what a great idea, this is an awesome post. I'm going to go check a few out and I'll be sure to come back next week for more!

Glenn Jones said...

Thanks fo the shout Keisha. And a great way to dhare information too!

Running Diva Mom said...

Just found you, Keisha! I'm looking fwd to following your journey. :-)